Im counting the days. Feeling nauseas as the days goes by. Its already March, I’m going on practical this coming April insyaAllah. I’m super nervous to face this practical thingy. Just so happen my brother in law have this Japanese drama series, GTO. Great Teacher Onizuka. So I watched it. I know I won’t be able to be like Onizuka. Do everything without considering others other than his students priority. Push away all the regulations, the norms in society, go against the school administrations, offer not only a classroom to teach and to learn but a friendship that lasts a lifetime. I know some people may be familiar with this drama.
Passion – I believe is the most important element in becoming a great teacher. I have experiences with a lot of great teacher back then. I learned a lot from them. I noticed and in fact I can feel their passion when they taught me. Great teacher not only educate but they nurture students to be equipped with all (or almost) essentials skills to survive and develop within the society.
I remembered reading a kitab – Hikayat Munshi Abdullah. Munshi Abdullah is one the genius Tanah Melayu posses back then. He elaborated and list down all the important criteria in becoming a great teacher. Unfortunately, I don’t remember them all. I read the book when I worked at Kumon when I was in my Form 6. Great book. It really touches my heart.
However the kitab is available at any book store now. I saw it at MPH recently. I highly recommend the kitab to those who want to be a great teacher
Reading Hikayat Munshi Abdullah and watching GTO – a little bit of my preparation before going for practical. InsyaAllah.
No comments:
Post a Comment