Friday, October 21, 2011

(no title)

Last night, a parent text me asking how was her son progress at school. A pang of guilt just came rushing in. I feel really bad when I called parents to talk about their children misbehave but when the children do behave I 'sort of' forget to update the parents.

At my school, we practice Khalifah Method. We teachers truly believe in the Law of Learning. One of it is, when you reward any good behavior done, insyaAllah it will reinforce and eventually it'll become a habit.

What happen today was - I was preparing the students to perform the Asr prayer. When some of the brothers were done with the ablution, a few of them chose to play around while waiting for the rest to finish however some of them chose to immediately sat within the saf and do zikr.

[Practicing Khalifah Method] : Instead of I addressed the brothers who were playing, I purposely reward the other brothers who doing zikr with beautiful words. I went like this :
"MasyaAllah! I'm so happy to find some of you choose to be good by doing zikr while waiting for others.
May Allah reward you tremendously."

Now there, the others who were playing definitely didn't stop abruptly but they did slow down.
When one of them finally sat down, I immediately praised the boy.

"Alhamdulillah, now Irfan also choose to be good by joing the zikr." (When the truth is, he was about to get up again to continue playing). Alhamdulillah, I managed to catch his good behavior and reward him on the spot. He sat down anyway and eventually the others joined him.

Keep in mind, when we deal with children, ALWAYS notice, appreciate and reward their good behavior. InsyaAllah no misbehave will appear. I'm saying this with my own experience. I'm so grateful Allah allows me to see some of my 'artwork' has turn to out to be magnificently beautiful.

I'm glad I know and learn Khalifah Method.
Alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Syukran k.ina atas perkonsian... Ishah jadi reflek balik tindakan2 ishah pada pelajar di sekolah.. Mendidik remaja agak berbeza dengan kanak2..Tp ishah perasan, dorongan dan ganjaran masih sesuatu yang utama dalam mendidik....=)
Doakan ishah ye kak...=)

Zarina Zaimi said...

kite raikan setiap perubahan yg mad'u kite buat dlm usaha dieorg dekatkan diri dgn Allah.. :) doakan kak ina juga :)