Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Suhaib Webb.

I believe everyone is familiar with this man.

Yes?

Well at least some of the Muslim population are aware of his existence.

I went to one of his talk last night @ KGPA. The crowd was definitely way beyond my expectation. It was so crowded, the chairs provided by the organizer was not enough. Half of the audiences had to sit on the floor and I was one of them.

I'm no observer. I'd normally let things pass by easily, don't pay attention to details as much. But yesterday, I was one. I mean I chose to be one. I observed the people who went to the talk. My brothers and sisters. Sisters for instance they were not all wrapped up in tudung labuh (some called tudung bulat) and jubah nor plain baju kurung. And brothers weren't in their kopiah(s) and baju raihan those kind.

No offend, but most Majlis Ilmu I went to - people dress like that. Sometimes it make me feel inadequate if I'm not wearing the tudung bulat. In fact, when I first made "Hijrah" the Muslimah I met, emphasized on wearing like 'them.' I honestly don't feel comfortable. It somehow felt like it's not me. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind at all how any Muslimah decide to cover her aurah : it's just that - we don't have to make it a dull fashion and we do not decide for others how a Muslimah should cover their aurah as long as it still goes along with the syariat - you know, your scarf covers your chest, the material of your scarf is not see through and not tabaruj. [Please correct me, if I'm wrong].

Ok, enough about the dress code.

The talk. Honestly, I was so desperate to go to toilet last night, but I just stayed to listen to Suhaib Webb. I really enjoy talk that helps me - to muhasabah. Alhamdulillah. Suhaib Webb did.

What I can conclude from his talk:

1. A Muslim should love knowledge.
Knowledge helps us to succeed dunia wa akhirah. The most important knowledge : Al-Quran. Al-Quran is a miracle we should study and implement in our life. One of the important element explain by Allah in the Quran is about the Hereafter. Thinking of Jannah should be our purpose of working hard in this temporary dunya. Have confident and put trust in Allah - none of our pains, tears, hard work, struggle will go wasted. Allah will reward - it's a matter of believe in Allah and keep this believe in our mind to get us through days with a clear vision and niyah - Lailaha Ilallah.

2. Live an inspirational life.
We have to stop blaming if 'the others' are making fun of our religion. Be a being where people are simply inspired and amazed with our daily life, with the decision we choose to make, with the principal we pick to stand for.

3. Habbluminallah is VERY important and keep in mind - so is Habbluminannas.
What's the purpose of memorizing Quran when you don't even have a good relationship with your parents?
What's the purpose of praying when we keep talk bad things about our brothers and sisters?

4. Fear (Jahanam) and Hope (Jannah)?
Yes. Both need to be told to our brothers and sisters - but tell or dakwah in ways that make people longing for Jannah. That create spark in our mad'u hearts to apply fastabikhul khairat in their life. Don't terrify people. Don't make Islam sound complicated when we know it is not.

Wallahu'alam.
Please forgive me if any of you find my post offensive. This is purely my ignorance thought.

Dear Khalifah - let's us make ourselves good by going to Majlis Ilmu often. Then share with our brothers and sisters. InsyaAllah, we will help others become good and eventually turn our physical world good solely to gain Allah's pleasure.

Amin ya Rabbal Alamin.

6 comments:

fiza sarawak said...

for God sake, i was holding back tears when i read this.i read about this ADD talk by imam suhaib from YMP page.eventho i couldn't attend his talk,but i think i got a lot out of this post.really need to start a therapy to overcome my ADD.bismillah.

Zarina Zaimi said...

Alhamdulillah, all praise to Allah - this sharing is meant for the benefit of our ummah dear. Alhamdulillah you already receive the benefit.. Allahu Akbar!!

AyaSofea said...

MashaAllah..nice sharing.
Tqvm k.ina. May Allah reunite us again in Majlis Ilmu =)

Huda Engku said...

Sangat dengki, ngape tak ajak???

Imaam Suhaib Webb is like one of the coolest imaams around, love listening to his talk.

Zarina Zaimi said...

ayasofea.. u are most welcome dear :)

Zarina Zaimi said...

kak huda.. alamak.. i should have kan? super sorry.. i pun tak plan. it was last minute arrangement. next time insyaAllah :)